This is a course in classical drawing methods for complete beginners or anyone wanting to improve their drawing skills.
We will start with the very basics and build your confidence to draw well. No previous experience is required and materials will be provided.
You will learn techniques to draw anything, from photo references, from life and even from your own imagination. Each week we will cover a new topic in detail, followed by a practical drawing session, and homework activities to continue throughout the week.
This course carries a small charge which helps us to fund the Continuing Art project. This helps us to buy materials and provide benefits to the wider community.
Download the 2019 flyer here
Download the 2019 course handbook here
Dates and information about the 2020 drawing course will be posted soon, until then please take a look at our "Drawing in the Park" workshops.
- A drawing course for beginners
- Covers pencil drawing basics
- Learn to draw in perspective
- Understand composition
- Draw from photos, life or your imagination
- The course runs for 10 weeks
- Each class lasts about 2 hours
- New techniques are taught in each class
- Assignments help you to develop at home
- Available dates will be listed shortly
- We are based in Penwortham, Preston
- Next location to be confirmed